Last updated: June 2019
- Your Acceptance
- Information We Collect
- Our Information Use
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Cookies and Web Beacons
- Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing your Personal Information
- Confidentiality and Security
- Third-Party Practices
- Regarding Children
- Additional Terms
Section 1. Summary.
- We collect Non-Personal Information and Personal Information (each defined below) from you in two ways: (i) information that you give to us, or (ii) information that we collect from your use of our Services.
- We may share your Personal Information with third-parties in limited situations, as necessary to provide you with aspects of our Services. To learn more about our rights to share your information, please see the section titled “Information Sharing and Disclosure” below.
- You can review and update your Personal Information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We use commercially reasonable efforts to secure your information, but we cannot guarantee, nor should you expect, that your information will remain secure at all times and in all circumstances.
- We have special concerns about the privacy of users who are minors (users under the age of 18), as further addressed in the section titled “Regarding Children” below. Our Services are not directed to anyone under age 18.
Section 2. Your Acceptance.
Section 3. Information We Collect.
SAFER Systems collects information from you in two ways: (i) information you give to us, and (ii) information that we gather from your use of our Service, each as more specifically described below. Such information is made up of “Personal Information” and “Non-Personal Information.”
“Personal Information” means information that you provide to us that personally identifies you, such as your first and last name, email address, job title, company, physical address, telephone number, billing information, credit card information or social security number.
“Non-Personal Information” means information that does not specifically identify you.
Information you give to us.
We collect information that you give to us. For example, our Services may require that you submit information about yourself to us to access our Services, request product information or demonstrations, subscribe to our newsletter or our publications, or to contact us. Such submission may include your disclosure to us of Personal Information. We may also receive information from you through the use of the Services.
Information we gather from your use of our Services.
We, like many service providers, collect information about what parts of our Services you use and how you use them. Information we may gather includes, but is not limited to:
- Computer or browser information such as your system activity, the domain name of the web site from which you linked to our Services, your location (country and/or city), the time and duration of your use of our Services and any queries, browser type, browser language, and your Internet Service Provider.
- Device information such as your hardware model, operating system, operating system version, mobile device type, service provider, screen resolution, unique identifiers from your computer or mobile device, application download information, and/or IP address.
- Location information such as your geolocation when you use our Services from a mobile device and/or mobile application. We may ask for you to manually provide precise location information or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information.
Please see the section titled “Cookies and Web Beacons” below for more information regarding what cookies are and how you can manage them as part of your use of our Services. We may also use unique identifiers, Flash cookies, web beacons, tracking pixels, web server log information, or other technologies to collect information about you. In addition to the information that we collect from you for our own Services, we may collect information from you for third parties for purposes such as ad targeting, optimization and reporting.
Section 4. Our Use of Information We Collect
We collect information from you and our other users to administer our business activities and to measure and improve our Services. Information is also used to fulfill your requests, conduct research, and develop new services and/or offer additional products and services to our customers. For example, we may use your Personal Information to (a) authenticate your identity when you register and each time you sign in; (b) notify you when subscriptions are due to expire and to pre-populate forms; (c) notify you of upcoming events, software upgrades, newsletters, company publications, or additional services or software; and (d) otherwise as required by law. In addition, information collected from end-users may be used in aggregate form to, among other things, determine the total number of end-users who are using our Services, prepare utilization reports, diagnose and fix compatibility problems or other problems with our Services, and perform statistical analyses to enable us to build higher quality, more useful Services. If you submit a request for information about SAFER Systems through our Services, we may use your e-mail address or phone number to assist you with any issues you may have or to send you an e-mail that gives you the opportunity to elect to receive periodic e-mail or phone alerts from SAFER Systems regarding developments at the company.
If you no longer want to receive our marketing or product update mailings, you can remove your e-mail address from our mailing list by notifying us (i) via email at email@example.com, (ii) in writing, or (iii) as otherwise provided in such notifications.
We may combine your Personal Information that we have with other information that we obtain from business partners or other companies. We may also combine your Personal Information with Non-Personal Information. If we do so, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for as long as it remains combined.
Section 5. Information Sharing and Disclosure.
In providing our Services to you, we may find it necessary to share your information with our service partners (“Partners”) or allow such Partners to gather information directly from you.
Some of this information that you provide to us or our Partners may include your Personal Information. We may share your Personal Information with third parties in certain circumstances including the following situations:
- Consent: We will share Personal Information with third-parties when we have your consent to do so.
- Partners: We provide your Personal Information to Partners who work with us to provide our Services. Our Services with which our Partners may assist us include among other things, creating or maintaining our databases, researching or analyzing our users, or processing payment card information.
- Legal Issues: SAFER Systems will use your Personal Information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We will also use or share your Personal Information in order to prevent, or take action regarding any illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our customer contracts, or as otherwise required by law even without a subpoena, warrant, or court order.
We reserve the right to share your Non-Personal Information publicly and with others. We may use and publicly disclose your company name as a customer of our services, channel partner, case studies involving your company, or results of the services we provide to your company. Transfers of your information shall at all times be in accordance with applicable law. SAFER Systems disclaims any liability or obligation as a result of any third-party actions or omissions concerning your information, including those occurring as a result of our sharing and disclosure pursuant to this Section 5. We urge you to contact third parties directly with any issues you may have concerning their use of your information. Please see the section titled “Third Party Practices” below for more information on third-party use of your information.
Section 6. Cookies and Web Beacons
We may use the services of web analytics companies to help us measure the effectiveness of our Services. To do this, we allow the web analytics companies to include Web beacons and cookies on the web pages of our Services. The type of information collected via such Web beacons and cookies includes click-throughs by users and other similar information. By supplementing our records, this information helps us learn things like user preferences, click-through rates, how to improve our Services, and what kinds of offers our users like to see. Although our web analytics companies log this information on our behalf, we control how that data may be used.
Section 7. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information.
You can review and update your Personal Information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Generally, we will not modify your Personal Information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. Upon your request, we will remove your Personal Information in accordance with applicable law, subject to the limitations set forth elsewhere herein.
Section 8. Confidentiality and Security.
Section 9. Third-Party Practices.
Our Partners are obligated by applicable law to protect the privacy of certain types of data; however, we are not responsible for their actions or omissions, including the manner in which they use information that they receive from us. Nevertheless, if you feel that any of our Partners, or any third party who claims association with SAFER Systems, is improperly collecting or using information about you, we urge you to contact them directly and also to inform us by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
Section 10. Regarding Children.
We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). For more information about COPPA and children’s privacy, please click here. When we use the term “parent” below, we mean to include legal guardians.
Children under the age of 18
Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you are prohibited from accessing the Services and may not give us any Personal Information or participate in any aspect of our Services. Except as may be required by law, we will not knowingly collect, maintain, or disclose any Personal Information from children under the age of 18.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors or end-users who are under the age of 18. If you believe that we have collected Personal Information about a visitor or end-user who is under the age of 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and such account and/or Personal Information will be deleted.
Section 11. Additional Terms.
California Privacy Rights Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits end users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com or mail us at SAFER SYSTEMS, LLC, at 310 N. Westlake Blvd., Suite 200, Westlake Village, CA 91362.